Oop. Dropped off for a bit there, didn't I? I'm still wielding the pen, though, I'm just not sharing! My drawing journal is closing in on nearly two years and I've been diligent. Inspiration has begun wavering over this last year, and it's been a challenge to cope considering the almost-manic enthusiasm I had at the start. And lately, I'm in an existential crisis almost daily. Why do I post my art? Why do I type lengthy gut-spillings? Who cares? WHY?! Hence the hiatus! So why do I do this? I guess it's just that, every so often-- sometimes very often, sometimes scarcely-- I make something that deeply fulfills me. And it's nice in those instances to say aloud, "I really like what I've done." This is my refrigerator door. It's also self-development, obviously; sharing in spite of apprehension toward sharing.
I'm going to see this post a year from now-- a month from now-- tomorrow, and cringe at the soul-bearing. But after all, sharing my art in itself is already intensely personal. But rest easy, I will always fall far short of telling you the color of my underwear. And you read this far. So the lesson is: I do what I want!
Now GET ON WITH IT, as they say.
No comments:
Post a Comment